Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Torn Cabin

This summer, I returned to Camp Ozark in the Ouachita Mountain Region of Arkansas for my 8th and final year as a camper. I was a part of an activity that only high school juniors and seniors can participate in called breakaway. It provided a more mature set of activities to participate in during the morning hours. One of the days, we walked across camp to sit on the porch of the owner of the camp, Sam Torn. Once there, we had about an hour of quiet time with the Lord where we were able to sit and look out over a river and into a mountain range from the Torn cabin porch. I wish I had been able to take a picture but phones aren't allowed at camp. It's pretty safe to say that I have never felt so peaceful and in touch with all of God's creation. There was just such effortless beauty in such a simple view of mountains. It had rained the night before so the river was abnormally high (nowhere near even becoming close to touching us at the top of a mountain). Everything was silent and it seemed as though there was nobody else in the world except these giant mountains that seemed to go on forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment