Sunday, August 26, 2012

Central Park


This June, my parents and I went to New York City for Fathers Day and my birthday. The first day when we arrived, we went to the Gugenheim Museum and then went for a walk in Central Park. I have been there before when I was about 8 but it didn't fascinate me nearly as much as it did this summer. The way the buildings of NYC reflected on the water of the reservoir made such a beautiful contrast between bustling city life and the calm stillness of nature. The path we walked on was completely shaded by trees so it wasn't too hot and I enjoyed seeing all of the plants lining the walkway. Most of the people getting exercise had their dog with them and nobody seemed bothered in the least bit. The park was so welcoming and peaceful to visit, especially after a long day of traveling. The size of the park definitely made me stop and stare. I have always thought that Memorial Park was huge but Central Park is like the mother of all large parks to me. It just seems to go on forever and ever through shady and beautiful walkways surrounded by bushes, flowers and tall trees that seem to bend perfectly to cover the parks visitors with shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment